Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My philosophy on Rome


What I think about Rome? I love that place, but somehow I felt it was not my city. There was something about Rome that didn't belong to me, and I couldn't quite figure what it was. And it's only then my friend told me, that maybe me and Rome just have different words. See, he had a theory, that the secret to understanding a city and its people is to learn-what is the word of the street. Every city has a single word that defines it, that identifies most people who live there. If you could read people's thoughts as they were passing you on the streets of any given place, you would discover the most of them are thinking the same thought. Whatever the majority thought might be-that is the word of the city. And if your personal word does not match the word of the city, then you don't really belong here. What's the Rome's word? -"Sex". And it's not just stereotype about Rome, all of them, all day, all they are thinking is about Sex. Even over at the Vatican?-That's different. The Vatican isn't part of Rome. They have a different word over their. Their word is Power. So this Rome word, cobbles the streets beneath your feet in Rome, runs through the fountains here, fills the air like traffic noise. Thinking ab it,dressing for it, seeking it-thats all anybody is doing. Which would make a bit of sense as to why, for all it gorgeousness, Rome doesn't quite feel like my hometown. The word of this city does not quite rightly or quite fully identify my full personality nor my potential; there is much more to me. Freedom, Achievement, Success: those are my words, they describe me just rightly, just fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment