Friday, December 30, 2011

New 2012 Year's Resolutions

New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importanly, forward to the coming year. It's time to reflect on the changes we want to make and resolve to follow through on those changes.
In Russia it is not that popular to make a list of New Year's resolutions, but always has been popular to make a wish when the clock beats 12am.
So I do not really remember making a real commitment to myself for the new upcoming year.
Though I think last year I told myself that I will manage to give up smoking. And, voila.. here am i, Polina, that has not been smoking for 5 months already!
I believe that it is important to make New Year resolutions and follow them, and even if it does not work out this year, you might as well try to get on with them the next year. But this way you you have commitment to yourself. All people are different in all the ways. But I always need to have aims. So I am used to giving myself different aims and goals and work hard towards reaching them. And I love that feeling, when you can tell yourself: 'Yes, I did it! ' . So that does work for me really well. And I am sure for many other people as well. That is how you become a strong person, isn't it?
Strong person is the person who can overcome himself. And I am sure, I know it is really important to be able to overcome yourself in this life. It is really vital to be able to do what you do not like to do, to do what others are not doing, because that way you can be sure that you will become someone that no one else will be.

It is time to make New Year's resolutions and time to say goodbye to 2011..
Feels sad really. Because I might as well add that this year had been one of the best years in my life, except some major failures, it still counting as the best and very memorable year.
This year I had come to many new conclusions and decisions.
This year I've understood how important it is to have the person you can tell everything. The person that is always by your side, friend, without whom you feel completely lost.. and it is very sad that I've found this person and had to say goodbye to her.. Because we have different ways in life, but we have hope that sometimes and very soon our ways will cross again, and we will just sit and talk for days and days, and then go out and get completely wasted, just like we used to do the whole 2011.
But it it time for changes as well ae. Especially for bad things, which have to go away, because otherwise I will become an alcoholic.. and I can't afford that,because I have a huge plans for my future.
And I better get on with them!
Maybe that is why life an interesting thing,because sometimes it can get so unpredictable that you can't control it.

Anyway, that is the list of my new year resolutions and I know every one of them will be done. Just because I am that person.. if I say that I will do something, I always know for sure that it will be done.Because I never lie to myself. And I hate lies in general. So here we go.

New Years Resolutions for 2012

1. DRINK LESS ALCOHOL,FAR LESS

2. VISIT SINGAPORE

3. CONTINUE BEING A GYM JUNKIE

4. BE MORE KIND. AND STOP MAKING THAT 'I HATE EVERYONE' FACE.

5.  VISIT RUSSIA IN JULY AND MAKE THE MOST OF IT.

6. TRY TO GO ON A THAILAND BOAT TRIP IN APRIL WITH MY FAVOURITE PEOPLE FROM SINGAPORE

Hope all of your dreams come true people.
Happy New Year to you all!! xox


4 comments:

  1. Полинка, умничка!всего тебе самого прекрасного в новом году, всегда будь счастливой и иди смело к своим целям,а это я знаю ты умеешь. люблю тебя,маленький мой

    твоя вика

    ReplyDelete
  2. spasibo rodnoya moya!!!! s nastypaushim!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! x

    http://itsfashion-bitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete